SOUTH OXFORD ADVENTURE PLAYGROUND
EVENT BOOKINGS KEY SUMMARY
Your booking gives you sole use of the South Oxford Adventure Playground (SOAP) for the agreed hire period (which includes all necessary time for setting up and clearing away). This includes all the play equipment, a hut including kitchenette, toilets and BBQ.
You are advised to invite your guests to arrive 30 minutes after the start of your booking and to leave 30 minutes before the end of your booking to allow for adequate setting up and clearing away time.
HOW DOES IT WORK ON THE DAY?
AT THE BEGINNING OF YOUR BOOKING:
- Five days before your booking you will be sent a key safe code to enable you to pick up the key from 13 Whitehouse Road, OX1 4NA, a maximum of 15 minutes before your party.
- There is space for 4 cars at SOAP but you are requested NOT to park on the grass.
- No amplification larger than a hand-held speaker is allowed and it must be closely monitored to ensure no nuisance is caused to our neighbours. A maximum of 75 decibels is allowed and there should be no music after 8pm.
- You should bring a first aid kit, bin liners and tea towels, along with anything else you will need for your party.
AT THE END OF YOUR BOOKING:
You are responsible for:
- Clearing away and cleaning SOAPwithin your booking period. This includes cleaning and mopping the floors, wiping the tables and chairs, cleaning all cups, plates and jugs, cleaning the toilets, clearing all rubbish from the outside space, emptying allbins including in the toilets, removing coals from the BBQ and taking them with you, taking all rubbish away with you.
- Making sure everything is turned off, including all heaters and lights.
- Securing both the hut and SOAP itself,including closing all windows and locking all three doors on the hut, locking the main gate to the playground and locking the lane gate on the access route to SOAP.
- Ensuring you and all your guests have left SOAP within the booking period.
- Returning the keys to the key safe at 13 Whitehouse Road immediately after your booking period.
WHAT IS INCLUDED
- BBQ, electric kettle, microwave and fridge/ freezer.
- Mugs for tea, a couple of water jugs some plates. (If you have specific requirements it is best to bring what you need.)
- 4 sofas, 2 benches and 3 tables inside.
- 6 tables and benches outside.
- Extensive outside play equipment: Large climbing tower, zip wire, swings and various slides. Football (grass) and basketball (concrete) pitch, table tennis.
- Inside play equipment: Connect 4, some building blocks, a train set, table football, books.
HOW AND WHEN WILL YOU GET YOUR DEPOSIT BACK
SOAP is inspected by our committee members after every party. They are checking that:
- All our terms and conditions (below) have been met.
- The host and all guests have left SOAP by the end of your booking period.
- SOAP has been cleared, cleaned, everything has been turned off and both the hut and playground have been adequately secured (as listed above).
- The keys have been returned to the key safe at 13 Whitehouse Road.
You will be notified within 72hrs of your event if the committee intend to retain your deposit. If you do not hear from us you can expect to receive your deposit back within 14 days of your event. No further action is necessary.
SOUTH OXFORD ADVENTURE PLAYGROUND
FULL TERMS & CONDITIONS
The Hirer, not being a person under 18 years of age, hereby accepts responsibility for being in charge of, and on, the premises during the hire period, and for ensuring that all conditions of this document relating to safety requirements and supervision of the premises are met.
The Hirer shall, during the period of the hiring, be responsible for –
Supervision of the premises, the fabric and the contents, their care, safety from damage, however slight, or change of any sort, and the behaviour of all persons using the premises whatever their capacity, including proper supervision of car parking arrangements at the venue.
As directed by The Committee, the Hirer shall make good or pay for all damage (including accidental damage) to the premises or to the fixtures, fittings or contents and for loss of contents.
- Use of premises
The Hirer shall not use the premises or allow the premises to be used for any unlawful purpose, or in any unlawful way, nor do anything or bring onto the premises anything which may endanger, or render invalid any insurance policies.
- Safety requirements.
All conditions attached shall be strictly observed. Nothing shall be done which will endanger the users of the venue. In particular:
- Cars must not be parked in the lane leading to SOAP as this is a private road where access must be available at all times for the railway and emergency vehicles.
- Obstructions must not be placed in gangways, exits or emergency exits.
- Performances involving danger to the public shall not be given.
- Highly flammable substances shall not be brought into or used in any part of the building. No internal decorations of a combustible nature (e.g. polystyrene, cotton wool) shall be erected. No decorations are to be put up near light fittings or heaters.
- The Fire Service shall be called to any outbreak of fire, however slight, and details thereof shall be given to the Committee representative.
- Portable Liquefied Propane Gas (LPG) heating appliances shall not be used. The Hirer shall ensure that no unauthorised heating appliances shall be used on the premises. If any electrical appliances are brought onto the premises the Hirer must ensure that they shall be safe and used in a safe manner in accordance with the Electricity at Work Regulations 1989 and any subsequent legislation.
- The Hirer shall, if preparing, serving or selling food, observe all relevant food health and hygiene legislation and regulations.
- You are advised to keep the gate shut for the duration of your party to ensure you don’t get any unwelcome guests.
The Hirer or person in charge of an activity shall be on the premises for the entire period of hire or duration of the activity. They shall not be engaged in any duties which prevent them from exercising general supervision.
The Hirer shall ensure that any activities for children under eight years of age comply with the provisions of The Children Act of 1989 and subsequent legislation and that only fit and proper persons who have passed the appropriate Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) checks have access to the children. Checks may also apply where children over eight and vulnerable adults are taking part in activities.
The number of adult attendants required is increased when the majority of those present at the entertainment are less than 16 years of age and/or when many people with disabilities are expected to attend, the numbers of adult supervisors required will be increased.
- Intoxicating liquor, drunk and disorderly behaviour and supply of illegal drugs
No intoxicating liquors are permitted to be bought or sold on any part of the premises without the express permission in writing of the Management Committee. The Hirer shall ensure care shall be taken to avoid excessive consumption of alcohol. Drunk and disorderly behaviour shall not be permitted either on the premises or in its immediate vicinity. Alcohol shall not be served to any person suspected of being drunk or to any person suspected of being under the age of 18. Any person suspected of being drunk, under the influence of drugs or who is behaving in a violent or disorderly way shall be asked to leave the premises. No illegal drugs may be brought onto the premises. Smoking is forbidden in all areas of SOAP.
No amplification larger than a hand-held speaker is allowed and it must be closely monitored to ensure no nuisance is caused to our neighbours. A maximum of 75 decibels is allowed and there should be no music after 8pm.
- Loss of property
SOAP Committee accepts no responsibility for damage to, or the loss or theft of, any stored equipment or other property brought onto or left at the premises and all liability for loss or damage is hereby excluded. All equipment and other property (other than stored equipment) must be removed at the end of each hiring.
- Car parking
A maximum of four cars are allowed to be parked in the playground on the tarmac area. There is limited parking for two hours on Whitehouse Road alongside the playing field. Please respect the residents parking area.
- Cleaning and security
No alterations or additions may be made to the premises nor may any fixtures be installed or placards, decorations or other articles be attached in any way to any part of the premises without the prior written approval of the SOAP Committee. The Hirer must remove all such articles at the end of the hiring unless otherwise agreed. Any unauthorised articles left on the premises will be disposed of. The Hirer will make good to the satisfaction of the Committee any damage caused by such installation and removal.
The Hirer shall be responsible for leaving the premises and surrounding area in a clean and tidy condition, properly locked and secured unless directed otherwise and any contents temporarily removed from their usual positions properly replaced; otherwise the Committee shall be at liberty to make an additional charge.
- All users shall leave the premises and surroundings in a clean and tidy condition. All use of centre premises and facilities is subject to the users accepting responsibility for returning furniture and equipment to their original position, hoovering the room, wiping down the kitchen and the toilets as well as tables. In addition, the Hirer shall wash and dry any cups, plates and jugs that were used during his event.
- The Hirer must ensure that the lights and radiators are all turned off.
- The Hirer must ensure that all the doors and windows, internal and external are locked. The Hirer must lock the padlocks onto the gates at SOAP, using the correct padlocks. If the lane gate on the access route to SOAP is unlocked, the Hirer must relock it as soon as possible.
If the Hirer wishes to cancel the booking before the date of the event, the question of the payment or the repayment of the fee shall be followed accordingly:
(a) If the Hirer gives SOAP Committee 14 days notice, they will receive full payment.
(b) If the Hirer gives SOAP Committee between 13 – 7 days notice, they will receive 50% of his payment.
(c) If the Hirer gives SOAP Committee less than 7 days notice, they will not get any refund.
There will be no refunds due to poor weather.
The Committee reserves the right to cancel a hiring by written notice to the Hirer in the event of the Committee reasonably considering that: a deposit of £50 has not been received 3 days before the booking date; such hiring will lead to a breach of licensing conditions, if applicable, or other legal or statutory requirements, or unlawful or unsuitable activities will take place at the premises as a result of this hiring;
In any such case the Hirer shall be entitled to a refund of any deposit already paid, but the Committee shall not be liable to the Hirer for any resulting direct or indirect loss or damages whatsoever.
The Committee may use its discretion in any of the following circumstances:
- Failure by the Hirer either to pay any charges in respect of stored equipment due and payable or to remove the same within 7 days after the agreed storage period has ended;
- Failure by the Hirer to dispose of any property brought on to the premises for the purposes of the hiring. This may result in the Committee disposing of any such items by sale or otherwise on such terms and conditions as it thinks fit, and charge the Hirer any costs incurred in storing and selling or otherwise disposing of the same.
- Insurance and indemnity
- The Hirer shall be liable for:
(i) the cost of repair of any damage (including accidental and malicious damage) done to any part of the premises including the curtilage thereof or the contents of the premises;
(ii) all claims, losses, damages and costs made against or incurred by the Committee, its employees, volunteers, agents or invitees in respect of damage or loss of property or injury to persons arising as a result of the use of the premises (including the storage of equipment) by the Hirer; and
- The Committee shall take out adequate insurance to insure the liabilities described in sub- clause (a)(i) above and may, in its discretion and in the case of non commercial hirers, insure the liabilities described in sub-clauses (a)(ii) and (iii) above. The Committee shall claim on its insurance for any liability of the Hirer here under but the Hirer shall indemnify and keep indemnified each member of the Committee’s Management Committee and the Committee’s employees, volunteers, agents and invitees against (a) any insurance excess incurred and (b) the difference between the amount of the liability and the monies received under the insurance policy.
- Where the Committee does not insure the liabilities described in sub-clauses (a) (ii) and (iii) above, the Hirer shall take out adequate insurance to insure such liability and on demand shall produce the policy and current receipt or other evidence of cover to the Committee’s authorised representative. Failure to produce such policy and evidence of cover will render the hiring void and enable the Committee to rehire the premises to another hirer.
The Committee is insured against any claims arising out of its own negligence.