Party Booking FAQs
How do I contact SOAP?
SOAP is run entirely by volunteers and we are not always on site. For this reason we prefer to be contacted by email: email@example.com, we will endeavour to respond to it within 48 hours.
When is SOAP available to hire?
SOAP is closed for private hire from November through February. During the Low Season (1st March – 30th April, October) it is available for hire at the weekends from 9am – 12pm and from 1pm – 4pm or for a full day from 9am – 4pm. During the High Season (1st May – 30th September), it is available for hire at the weekends from 9am -12pm, 1pm – 4pm, 5pm – 8pm and for a full day 9am – 8pm. Please note there is no option to book the evening slot for the last two weeks in September. It is also possible to hire SOAP during the week. Please look at availability and prices on our online booking system.
I want to hire SOAP for a different time slot than the ones available. Is that possible?
We are afraid that it is not possible at the moment, but you are very welcome to email us and we might be able to find a solution that will suit your needs.
How do I hire SOAP?
We have a fab new online party booking system that is really simple to use. Go to Hire SOAP page, select your date and time slot from those available. If a slot is not shown it is already booked. If you wish to book more than one slot simply add them to your shopping basket before proceeding to payment.
Do you have a waiting list to get a slot in case of cancellation?
How much is it?
During Low Season: 9am – 12pm or 1pm – 4pm £80. During High Season 9am – 12pm, 1pm – 4pm, 5pm – 8pm £90.
Please note that a deposit of £50 is added to the price when you book online.
How do I pay?
Please pay and book for your party using our online booking system.You will recieve a confirmation email with details about the venue once you have paid. If you have any queries or if you wish to pay using a different method, please email us. Please note that SOAP is run by volunteers. We try to answer all emails within 48 hours. Please use the online booking system if you can.
Is there a deposit?
Yes, we require a £50 deposit. SOAP is inspected by our committee members after every party to ensure our terms and conditions have been met. You are responsible for:
- Clearing away and cleaning SOAP within your booking period. This includes cleaning and mopping the floors, wiping the tables and chairs, cleaning all cups, plates and jugs, cleaning the toilets, clearing all rubbish from the outside space, emptying allbins including in the toilets, removing coals from the BBQ and taking them with you, taking all rubbish away with you.
- Making sure everything is turned off, including all heaters and lights.
- Securing both the hut and SOAP itself, including closing all windows and locking all three doors on the hut, locking the main gate to the playground and locking the lane gate on the access route to SOAP.
- Ensuring you and all your guests have left SOAP within your booking period.
- Returning the keys to the key safe immediately after your booking period.
Failure to fulfil any of the above will risk losing your deposit.
You will be notified within 72hrs of your event if the committee intend to retain your deposit. If you do not hear from us you can expect to receive your deposit back within 14 days of your event. No further action is necessary.
What is your cancellation policy?
- If the Hirer gives SOAP Committee 14 days notice, they will receive full payment.
- If the Hirer gives SOAP Committee between 13 – 7 days notice, they will receive 50% of his payment.
- If the Hirer gives SOAP Committee less than 7 days notice, they will not get any refund.
- There will be no refunds due to poor weather.
What happens on the day of the party?
- Five days before your booking you will be sent a key safe code to enable you to pick up the key from a house on Whitehouse Road, a maximum of 15 minutes before your party.
- There is space for 4 cars at SOAP but you are requested NOT to park on the grass.
- No amplification larger than a hand-held speaker is allowed and it must be closely monitored to ensure no nuisance is caused to our neighbours. A maximum of 75 decibels is allowed and there should be no music after 8pm.
- You should bring a first aid kit, bin liners and tea towels, along with anything else you will need for your party.
What is included in the booking?
- BBQ, electric kettle, microwave and fridge/ freezer.
- Mugs for tea, a couple of water jugs some plates. (If you have specific requirements it is best to bring what you need.)
- 4 sofas, 2 benches and 3 tables inside.
- 6 tables and benches outside.
- Extensive outside play equipment: Large climbing tower, zip wire, swings and various slides. Football (grass) and basketball (concrete) pitch, table tennis.
- Inside play equipment: Connect 4, some building blocks, a train set, table football, books.
Can we bring a BBQ?
You may bring a BBQ. Please ensure that all coals and any disposable BBQs are removed from SOAP at the end of the party.
How many toilets are there?
There are two toilets, one of which is accessible. Toilet roll is supplied.
Is there heating at SOAP?
There are electric heaters on the walls. Please do not let children sit on the protective cages. Heaters must be turned off at the end of the party and failure to do so could jeopardise the full return of your deposit.
What do we do with rubbish?
All rubbish must be removed from SOAP at the end of your party. Failure to do so could jeopardise the full return of your deposit
Are Dogs allowed?
Assistance dogs only are allowed.
Is there parking?
A maximum of four cars are allowed to be parked in the playground on the tarmac area. There is limited parking for two hours on Whitehouse Road alongside the playing field. Please respect the residents parking area.